1/1 Photo of Granny's Coconut Pie
This recipe has been passed down through the generations. My great grandma always made this pie, then my grandmother took over, and now it isn't a holiday unless this pie is there. Posting here for safekeeping as I would be heartbroken if my well worn recipe page ever got lost...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put coconut in a bowl. Pour milk over and set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time till mixed well. Add vanilla.
- 3Stir in coconut and milk.
- 4Poke thawed crusts well with a fork. Pour batter evenly into the two crusts.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 mins or till center is almost set and pie is golden brown.
- 6Note: If crusts starts to brown too quickly cover it with tin foil for remainder of cook time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Coconut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.7 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g