Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my great grandma's spaghetti sauce recipe. My mom made this growing up and I could sit and eat it by the spoonful. With a nice chunk of garlic bread. This is my absolute favorite spaghetti sauce of all time. Additional veggies can be added. This recipe also freezes very well.
- 1020.58 g ketchup
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes in puree
- 793.78 g tomato puree
- 453.59 g hamburger
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 255.14 g can mushroom pieces, drained
- Brown hamburger and onion in Dutch oven. Drain fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in pot.
- Let simmer 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.
- *Use meatballs instead of hamburger for a tasty variation.
This is very similar to my grandma's spaghetti sauce -- at least in flavor! I added a bay leaf to the simmering sauce, otherwise, made as directed. Thanks, Chef on the Coast, for a nostalgic spaghetti sauce! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.