Mexican Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed nad drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen white and yellow corn, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chilies, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti.
Join The Conversation
Made this spaghetti sauce today for lunch and it really hit the spot. Since I used a mild salsa, I increased the chili powder by another tablespoon and added some red pepper flakes and garlic as well. Thanks for a nice change from traditional spaghetti sauce. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup, January, 2014.