My Super Simple Spaghetti Sauce
- Ready In:
4 1/2 cups
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar (please adjust to your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (please adjust to your taste)
- Throw it all in a sauce pan, stir, simmer, cover and continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Season again to taste.
- **we like a spicy sweet sauce -- so please adjust the sugar and crushed red to your liking**.
Join The Conversation
Very good recipe! I have to be careful because one person in our family is allergic to onions. So much flavor without onion! Whole family loved it! We never have leftovers on spaghetti night now. **update I needed something quick for a funeral reception that would feed 40+people . I made the original recipe in triplicate and made another batch in triplicate with ground turkey, Italian sausage and mushrooms. I wish I would have made more! Everyone loved it! The grandmother of the person who passed away asked me for the recipe. So thankful again for you for sharing this, god bless the cook!