Recipe by Chef AngieW
very good to make in the crock pot
Top Review by Lori Mama
Enjoyed this very much and easy to prepare. I made a minor change, in that I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 cup milk, so I could have the best of both worlds. LoL! I also started the onions beforehand. I've had potato dishes before with raw onions included, but found they didn't cook sufficiently in the baking time given. Delicious. Made for PAC Fall '08. :)
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- wash and peel potatoes.
- cut in half and cook until almost soft.
- shred potatoes coarsely.
- in saucepan over low heat, combine cheese and 1/4 cup butter.
- stir until almost melted.
- remove from heat and blend in sour cream, or milk, onion and seasonings.
- fold into potatoes and turn into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- bake for 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly in a 350 degree oven.