Gourmet Cheese Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 medium potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups shredded muenster cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- In a large pan over high heat, bring the potatoes and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain and cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and slice into bite-sized chunks or dice.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and add the onions. Saute until onions are limp but not browned.
- In a bowl combine the cheese, sour cream, butter and onions, and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and add the potatoes.
- Pour into a lightly greased ( I use Pam) 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!