Grilled Three Cheese Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 6 large potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Divided the potatoes and onions evenly between two sheets of heavy-duty foil (approximately 18 inches square), that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup each of the cheddar and mozzarella cheese; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with bacon, butter cubes, chives, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Fold the ends of the foil to make a packet (I bring 2 opposite ends of the foil over the potatoes and fold or roll downward, then I roll the unsealed ends inward toward the filling and give them a good press to seal).
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the grill, open carefully, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We took these camping over the 4th of July. Made 1/2 the recipe & still had to put into 2 foil packets- it made a lot. I layered all of the ingredients and just used real bacon bits out of ease. We threw them on the grill and they took a little more than an hour. Wow, so wonderful everyone raved. Next time to cut back on cooktime I may parboil the potatoes in advance. What a great recipe, we love to camp and this recipe will go with us every time!! Thanks!