Recipe by Jenny White
This is a hearty tomato and pasta dish. It is one of those recipes that is hard to mess up. You can basically add anything to it you like and it's still good. If it is too dry add more tomatoes or sauce. You can use any type of pasta you like, we like shells. Most people use elbow macaroni. You could even cook the macaroni from a box of mac and cheese and then stir the dry cheese into the final dish. This is a 'NO FAIL' recipe.
Top Review by Kohtzy
So good! We left out the mushrooms, and added garlic (3 minced cloves), and some fresh basil. We also used fire roasted tomatoes instead of Rotel. This will be a recipe we will make often.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 lb shell pasta, cooked and drained,do not over cook
- salt and pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain ground beef, set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and cook onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Add ground beef back to pan with mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce, paste and rotel.
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the tomatoes start to break down some, about 20 minutes, or as long as you want to cook it.
- Add in pasta and mix well.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese when serving.