Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother shared this recipe with me. It's easy and a great vegetable side dish to serve company or anytime.
- 2 (10 ounce) thawed,drained,chopped broccoli
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups herbed breadcrumbs
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of broccoli mixture.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.
- This dish will serve 8.
- Any leftovers are reheated very nicely in microwave.
When someone calls and says "Let's get together for a picnic or potluck", this is a great recipe to make. It is easy and quick to make, the ingredients are usually on hand. Now, to mention the taste??? It is a wonderful change of pace to a broccoli dish. The mayonnaise makes all the difference. I would recommend this recipe to everyone.
My best friend made this casserole for Thanksgiving back in 1986. She gave me the recipe before she moved to California, but I lost the recipe and had not found another that was exactly like it. I absolutely love this and I do think the mayonnaise is the key ingredient. Thanks so much for posting!
I made this to bring for a side dish for Thanksgiving dinner and you should really change the name to Awesome instead of Good...This was very tasty..I didn't have any breadcrumbs so I crushed some ritz crackers instead and it gave it a very nice flavor..Also I used Broccoli spears and cut them into tiny pieces...Great Job !! It's a keeper