1/1 Photo of Golden Shrimp Stew
Yummy Emeril recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread, soaked in
- 1 tablespoon water, for 20 minutes
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 6 cups shrimp stock or 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced new potatoes
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1Heat the oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven.
- 2Add the onions, bell peppers, and jalapenos and cook, stirring until the vegetables began to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook till fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the tumeric, mustard, and saffron and stir to combine.
- 5Add the wine and cook another 2 minutes.
- 6Add the shrimp/chicken stock and poptatoes and bring to a boil.
- 7Boil for 5 minutes.
- 8Lower to a simmer and add the tomatoes.
- 9Cook for 20 minutes.
- 10Add the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes longer.
- 11Season with the salt.
- 12Stir in the cilantro, remove from the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Shrimp Stew
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 945.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: