Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious & healthy gluten free muffins. You won't even know they are gluten free!
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (if u prefer) or 1 cup plain flour (if u prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (try Chobani)
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup stevia (optional)
- 1. Prepare muffin pan with cooking spray, or with paper baking cups. Preheat oven to 180º Celsius.
- 2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, and set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- 4.Gently stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until dry ingredients are moistened, but batter is still lumpy.
- 5. Gently fold in raspberries.
- 6. Fill muffin cups almost to top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
This interested me because it is rare to see coconut used with another fruit. My husband has given it 4 stars, I would have given 3. The flavour was a bit flat. Rather than using stevia, I used the same serving size of regular sugar which left it not sweet. And there was a too subtle hint of cinnamon. <br/><br/>I filled the cases to the brim and sprinkled a cinnamon/sugar mixture on top which made a lovely crunchy topping. That is something I would highly recommend. And when I make them again, I'll be sure to add a touch more cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and sugar.