Five Ingredient Caprese Chicken
photo by Karen K.
- Ready In:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or goat cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic syrup
- 1⁄2 cup basil
- Start by pounding your chicken breasts thin between two pieces of plastic wrap. Trim off any fat.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts on both sides and place in hot skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes per side depending on how thick they are. You want to get some good browning on each side.
- When chicken is cooked through drizzle with the balsamic syrup, top with the mozzarella and tomato. Turn off heat, put lid on and let the cheese melt for a minute of two.
- Top with shredded Basil.
- Serve with more balsamic syrup if desired.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!