Recipe by LARavenscroft
A gluten free recipe from Land-O-Lakes. This makes a nice moist bread with a hint of orange.
Top Review by anne.graves
This bread is excellent! Very moist and flavorful. I also like the fact that there is not a lot of fat. I added a pint of fresh blueberries and it was delish! You could also add cranberries. Thank you for a great gluten free recipe that tastes like the real thing!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into greased 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.