Pepper Garlic Beef Kabobs
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 24 (1-inch)
- 8 mushrooms, small
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 small summer squash or 1 small zucchini, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade; set aside. Stir sirloin pieces into marinade in saucepan; marinate 15 minutes. Remove sirloin pieces from marinade; discard saucepan marinade.
- To assemble kabobs, alternately thread sirloin pieces and vegetables onto skewers. Place kabobs onto grill. Grill, turning and brushing occasionally with reserved marinade, until sirloin reaches at least 145°F or desired doneness (10 to 15 minutes).
Join The Conversation
Very beautiful kabobs! I loved the taste of the marinade, but it didn't really penetrate the meat, and the veggies really didn't absorb it at all. Next time I'll pierce the meat and let it sit a little longer. Very quick and easy recipe...which is always a plus! Thanks for posting. Made for Photo Tag.
This is such a quick marinade to whip up,and tastes simply STUNNING!! I used strips of sirloin,and instead of skewering,I cooked it along with the pepper pieces,mushrooms etc on an indoor griddle pan. The results were fantastic...the flavours were just fabulous,and everybody loved it! This is a keeper if ever there was one...I'll be using this one again and again and again!! Thanks Diner!!