Creamy Lime Coconut Bars
This recipe came from Land O Lakes butter. I had to try them once just to see if they were as good as they sound, and believe me, they didn't last in my house past two days. I ate a big hunk every time I got hungry. Yes, I know, fully sugared, but everyone deserves a treat!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, ground fine in a food processor
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 drops green food coloring (makes it a pretty green) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine lime juice, condensed milk, zest, and food coloring in a bowl and set aside. The mixture will slightly thicken.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, and nuts; cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat evenly into an ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Pour filling mixture over hot, partially baked crust. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Place back in the oven for 15-17 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate before serving.