Best Ever Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Combine 1 cup butter, sugar and egg in large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Add flour, orange juice, vanilla and baking powder.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds and wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm (2-3 hours).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- On lightly floured surface roll out dough, one third at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with 4 or 5 inch cookie cutter.
- Place one inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand one minute then remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Combine all frosting ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy.
- Tint with food color if desired.
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The pics are of my favorite band, Night Ranger. All pics of me were too large for the site...sorry! But since nranger7 is my name, it kinda fits to have a pic of them! I enjoy baking in my spare time. My coworkers love me because I regularly bring them cookies. I recently started dabbling in baking pies too. I've been told I should bake for a living, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as fun if I HAD to do it all the time! :)