1/19 Photos of Gluten Free French Bread
This french bread is amazing!! It tastes so similar to the wheat containing french bread. Plus it freezes wonderfully!!! It's crusty on the outside, and soft and tender within. It is fabulous alone, or made as little brushetta', using 'Joanne's Creamy Brushetta' recipe(#108383).You can make it from start to finish in about one hour!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice flour (white)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons egg substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons fast rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 egg whites, beaten slightly
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- melted butter, for brushing (optional)
- 1In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum, salt, and egg replacer (if used).Blend with mixer on low.
- 2In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, and add yeast.
- 3Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
- 4Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar.Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- 5To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal-dusted cookie sheets in two long French-loaf shapes or spoon into special French-bread pans.
- 6Slash diagonally every few inches.If desired, brush with melted butter.
- 7Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 258.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: