Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I think this recipe originally came from the Pillsbury Family Cookbook, but I've made some changes over the years. I usually serve this with scalloped potatoes and baked beans. It's my husband's #1 favorite dinner and smells absolutely wonderful while it's baking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine meat loaf ingredients and form into a loaf shape.
- Place in a 7x11 inch baking pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients and pour over meat loaf.
- I find that it works best to first combine sugar and mustard, then add vinegar and worcestershire.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let"rest" for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
I really enjoyed this meatloaf. The glaze was wonderful to me, OK to my DS, and not so great for my husband, who does not have a sweet tooth. But I think the meatloaf would be great on its own, maybe next time I'll cut the glaze in half to tone down the sweetness.
I made this for my family last night and boy was it popular, my grandkids love meatloaf but the glaze on this one had them licking their lips. Im sure it will become a popular request. Thanks for sharing.