1/1 Photo of Glamorgan Sausages (welsh Veggie Sausages)
Glamorgan sausages are the poor man's meatless substitute for the real thing. These are best made with stale, crusty bread rather than chewy, sliced bread. Make them a day in advance if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 275 g day old white bread, crusts removed and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 225 g caerphilly cheese or 225 g lancashire cheese, grated (caerphilly is a mild but tangy cow's milk cheese)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs (divided)
- 8 tablespoons flour, to coat
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
for the sun dried tomato gravy
- 1Whizz the bread in a food processor to make fine breadcrumbs.
- 2Place in a bowl.
- 3Whizz the onion, parsley and thyme in the processor until finely chopped, then add the cheese andmustard and process until finely chopped.
- 4Spoon the cheese mixture on to the bread crumbs.
- 5Season well with salt and pepper, then add the 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk (reserving the egg white) and stir well.
- 6Use your hands to form the mixture into 8 to 10 sausages.
- 7Place the egg white in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- 8Roll the sausages in the egg white, then in flour.
- 9Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the sausages until brown all over, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 10To make the sundried tomato gravy; heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat, then cook the onion until softened.
- 11Add the tomato puree and vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 12Season with salt and pepper.
- 13Serve with the sausages and mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glamorgan Sausages (welsh Veggie Sausages)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 519.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato puree