Recipe by Susie D
If you enjoy gingerbread you will like it as a waffle. These make a nice winter breakfast. Serve with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
These are so good. We really enjoyed them. I served the Gingerbread Waffles with whipped cream piled on top, and it was such a treat! These are perfect for a special holiday breakfast or fall brunch. I am really glad I made these waffles, and I know I'll make them again. Thanks, Susie D.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and molasses. Beat in melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened and lump free.
- Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
- Cook until crisp and golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying with cooking spray as needed.