Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you enjoy gingerbread you will like it as a waffle. These make a nice winter breakfast. Serve with whipped cream and dusted with cinnamon.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, and molasses. Beat in melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened and lump free.
- Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
- Cook until crisp and golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter, spraying with cooking spray as needed.
Great waffles!! Just loved the flavor of these waffles, especially with just adding a bit of butter and then whipped cream, reminded me so much of my Mom's Ginger Bread recipe, that she served warm and then we spread on butter. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "For your consideration" game.
Pure fall spice perfection! These turned out so tender and yummy! I will try with whole wheat flour next time for a more robust waffle! Thanks for posting, these made a rainy fall day so much better!
Sooooo yummy. Almost like eating gingerbread cookies. The recipe is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. So good!! Made for ZWT7 and the Golden Gourmets