The Best Ever Waffles
photo by Ashley Cuoco
- Ready In:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
Questions & Replies
My family asked me to make waffles for them one sunday morning , I found this recipe on recipezaar and followed the instructions to the tee,and they were the best waffles we had ever had, they literally melted in your mouth. We choose strawberry and whip cream for toppings. This one definately went into our cookbook favorites. Good one Elaine Thanks Rayce.
These were really great! I hate waffles that are too thick or cakey so these were perfect. The reviewers who said they were too thin or lumpy didn't follow the directions correctly. Make sure you don't heat the butter too much or it will cook the eggs when you add it in -- maybe that caused people some problems?
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! My name is Elaine. I am still currently in school, but one of my favorite hobbies, along with dancing, is to cook. Ever since I was really young, my mom and I would make everything together, especially cookies, cakes, and all other sweets. My dad always cooked dinners, and has passed down many good tips and wonderful recipes. I work whenever I can as a hostess at a nearby restaurant.