True Belgian Waffles
photo by Yvonne_S
- Ready In:
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. To this add, milk, butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients, until just combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron, according to manufacturers directions until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, or syrup.
- Yield: 10 Waffles (about 4 1/2 inches).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 12 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi Everyone! I am so happy that I found this site because I love trying new recipes, and this is the best place for doing just that. I was born and raised a city girl, but now reside in the country. I love the slower pace of life. I have been married for over 30 years to my wonderful husband and friend. We enjoy spending as much time as possible with our families and friends. Growing up with loving parents and a large family (10 including me), we were one big happy family. Our families are very close today, and we get together monthly to celebrate everyone's birthday. I volunteer at a local hospital, and enjoy boating, golfing, and reading. I love to cook, but my passion is baking. I found recipezaar a few months ago, and found so many delicious recipes. We get together with our families often, and since all of us like to cook, we share new recipes along with the tried and true. Good Food and Great Family and Friends....what could be a better combination.