Nutella Cream-Stuffed Beignets
These fried beignets are filled with a dreamy Nutella cream and dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups nutella, room temperature
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Note: the estimated time does not include refrigerating overnight.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate large glass bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Heat water in a liquid measuring cup in the microwave in 30 second increments until a thermometer reads 110°F Add the yeast and whisk until dissolved.
- Gradually whisk the yeast mixture into the evaporated milk mixture.
- Add 2 cups of flour to the wet mixture and stir by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Add remaining 1 ½ cups flour and stir to combine.
- Cover the glass bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven to 375°F.
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until it forms medium peaks.
- Add the Nutella to a large bowl and beat on medium for 15 seconds just to loosen it up.
- Fold the whipped cream into the Nutella in 3 batches using a spatula. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a #803 tip. Set aside in the fridge.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the dough to a 15-inch circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Trim the circle into a 12” square.
- Cut 20 squares that are 2 ½ inches each.
- When the oil is ready, fry the beignets in batches of 4 for 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drain the beignets on a paper towel lined sheet tray.
- Poke a lollipop stick or chopstick into one side of the beignets, insert the piping tip and fill with the Nutella cream.
- Dust heavily with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION