- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup molasses, warmed slightly (aids mixing)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- lemon curd, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, combine molasses, milk, egg and oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined (add a little more milk, if needed).
- Bake in preheated , non-stick or greased waffle iron until golden brown.
- Serve with whipped cream, lemon curd, and maple syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! I had no problem with these being soft. I also use a very old waffle iron, with no non-stick coating and I think things get crisper on it than the newer Teflon type waffle irons. To a previous reviewer, most waffle recipes call for oil (whereas pancakes often don't) If you are using a mix, the oil (fat) is most likely in it already. The only change I would make is adding more ginger, but that is a personal taste :)