1/2 Photos of Ginger Short Ribs
3 hrs 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
These ribs and juices are good served with hot cooked jasmine rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel ginger and cut into matchsticks 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and 2 to3 inches long (you should have 1 1/3 cups).
- 2Rinse ribs, drain, and lay in a single layer in a 12-by 16-inch casserole at least 2 inches deep.
- 3Evenly distribute ginger, onions, and pineapple over and around meat.
- 4Mix 1 cup water with 1/3 cup soy sauce and add to casserole, cover tightly with foil.
- 5Bake in a 375 degree oven until meat is tender when pierced, 2 3/4 to 3 hours; halfway through baking, turn ribs in sauce and if necessary, add water to bring liquid level up to 3/4 inch.
- 6Uncover ribs and bake until browned, about, 10 minutes.
- 7Skim fat from juices and discard.
- 8Scatter sliced mint over meat; garnish with mint sprigs.
- 9Add more soy sauce to taste.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1861.7
- Calories from Fat 1483
- Total Fat 164.8 g
- Saturated Fat 71.6 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 1570.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 69.6 g