A closely related muffin that resembles the bran muffin with a subtle taste of ginger to spice up things a little bit more than usual. A very good muffin for those early morning coffee breaks or for breakfast on the go when you are in a hurry.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, molasses and milk in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer on slow speed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine well until glossy and smooth.
- Add the ginger and just stir until incorporated into the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into greased muffin cups and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes before removing from container. Let cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy with a spot of butter on the side.