Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A closely related muffin that resembles the bran muffin with a subtle taste of ginger to spice up things a little bit more than usual. A very good muffin for those early morning coffee breaks or for breakfast on the go when you are in a hurry.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (free range)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ginger
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil, molasses and milk in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer on slow speed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine well until glossy and smooth.
- Add the ginger and just stir until incorporated into the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into greased muffin cups and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes before removing from container. Let cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy with a spot of butter on the side.
Very moist and great flavor! I will be making these often. I might even up the amount of ginger (we really like our ginger!) Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
Soft and delicious! I feel they could use more ginger (I used dried so that's probably why) and next time I will add a teaspoon of nutmeg see what that does. Maybe raisins too for the batch after the next batch. We will be eating these for a while! Soooo good!! Thank you.
Delicious and easy to make. I use 2 1/2 tsps of powdered ginger, and add 1/2 tsp of mixed spice to give it a really punchy flavour.