Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These are great with a beer.
Make and share this German Style Pickled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Place onions and eggs in a large jar; add enough vinegar mixture to completely cover.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Use a clean spoon each time you remove eggs for serving.
- May be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
I didnt make the eggs but I did drink some beer, and you were right, it is excellent
Made these for my husband and he absolutly loved them. Said they were the BEST pickled eggs he's ever had. Thank you for sharing.
I loved these eggs! Try to let them sit for at least a week before eating them (tempting, I know) but they taste a lot better with time. I left out the cloves (didn't have any) and dumped the brine in hot so the jars would seal w/o any troubles.