These pickled eggs taste just like the eggs that general stores used to sell! Add 1 cup beet juice if you'd like pink pickled eggs.
- Ready In:
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 large empty sterilized glass jar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- Put the peeled hardboiled eggs in the large jar.
- Boil the remaining ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the eggs in the jar.
- Cover; leave on counter overnight.
- Keeps in refrigerator for weeks, in theory.
- In reality, if you love pickled eggs, these will disappear.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've kept pickled eggs in the refrigerator for over two years without them going bad. They were in a quart mason jar covered with pickling brine. In fact I just had two that were that old. I was looking for a recipe that had a little more flavor. I think I'm going to use Bread and Butter pickle brine on my next batch.Replies 1
see 102 more