Dill Pickled Eggs
photo by Andrea N.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pickling vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 4 flowers fresh dill or 4 tablespoons dill seeds
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 18 -24 eggs
- Eggs: cover 24 eggs with cold water and bring to a boil. Once water begins to boil remove from heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes, followed by 5 minute cold water bath. Peel.
- Brine: Bring vinegar, water and salt to a boil, remove from heat.
- Jars: 4 quart jars, cleaned in dishwasher or with hot soapy water, rinse thoroughly. Each jar needs 1 tbsp of mustard seed, fresh dill (1 flower), 2 cloves of peeled garlic, and 1 whole jalapeno pepper.
- Run toothpick through each egg and place 6-8 per jar (depending on size of eggs), cover with brine and seal with lid.
- Jars must be kept in refrigerator, eggs ready within 1 week, but best to wait at least 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!