Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Family favorite - I think I got this from Betty Crocker's cookbook way back when! I constantly get requests to make this and everyone always asks for the recipe! FANTASTIC!
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes- with skins on until tender.
- Let cool and cut in bite size chunks.
- Fry bacon in pan- drain and cool bacon on paper towel- reserve fat.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until soft.
- Add flour sugar, water and vinegar.
- Boil and then reduce heat- should become a nice thick sauce.
- When sauce is thick add potatoes back in and crumble bacon over.
- Serve immediately- while hot!
So very tasty! I added a leek in with the onion, because I love leek with potato! Thank you for sharing!
Made this for a Wedding Reception and it was gone within a half hour. Great taste. Thanks.
I think this IS from the Betty Crocker cookbook. It's the way I always made German potato salad, and since I hadn't in awhile... this recipe was perfect for refreshing my memory. As always, it WAS fantastic!! Thanks for posting it, greyghost! :)