Recipe by greyghost
Family favorite - I think I got this from Betty Crocker's cookbook way back when! I constantly get requests to make this and everyone always asks for the recipe! FANTASTIC!
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes- with skins on until tender.
- Let cool and cut in bite size chunks.
- Fry bacon in pan- drain and cool bacon on paper towel- reserve fat.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until soft.
- Add flour sugar, water and vinegar.
- Boil and then reduce heat- should become a nice thick sauce.
- When sauce is thick add potatoes back in and crumble bacon over.
- Serve immediately- while hot!