Recipe by littleturtle
From the ADA Ranch in Cheyenne, WY.
Top Review by Engrossed
This was a nice recipe to build off of. I used 3/4 lb Velveeta, 4 tbsp margarine & 1 cup of Hormel real crumbled bacon bits. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 cup of frozen pearl onions, 2 cups of frozen baby peas, 1/2 cup half and half and 1 tbsp of tabasco sauce. I sprinkled paprika over the top. I had to bake it an extra half hour. It turned out very good and creamy. Thanks for the recipe to play with! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 5 slices bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed (3 potatoes)
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 -4 green onions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (2 oz)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- paprika, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt cheese and butter together over low heat with cream; then add half of bacon and onions.
- Add all Miracle Whip and sour cream.
- Gently fold in potatoes and spoon into a greased casserole dish.
- Top with remaining bacon, onions and spices (spices may be mixed in with the cheese if desired).
- Bake for about 55 minutes.