Recipe by justcallmetoni
Another addition to my 2005 World Tour collection. Quick and easy, this looks like a great mid-week supper.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Fantastic, flavorful soup. I doubled the recipe in order to get a good batch, and I'm sure glad I did. The seasonings are perfect. This is a real keeper, and will be made a lot next winter, I guarantee! Made for ZWT4.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup potato, cubed into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 cup canned cut green beans, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes, parsley, marjoram beans and stock to pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add sausage and green beans. Cook until thoroughly heated.