Recipe by Baby Kato
Tastes like the fried chicken grandma use to make when we were kids. The flavour from the roasted garlic and fresh herbs is wonderful. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do..
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this delicious, and I mean delicious, chicken tonight. I also browned the chicken and then baked it in the oven and it was marvelous. I could have eaten the bulb of roasted garlic all by itself, but chose to control myself and use it for the chicken. LOL
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, rubbed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 12 chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne and black pepper. Set aside.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a small bowl, add the sage and thyme.
- Mash this mixture with a fork until smooth.
- Lift the skin away from the chicken and spread the garlic mixture over top of the chicken, then press the skin back down onto the chicken.
- Pour milk into bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the milk then roll in the flour mixture.
- Place chicken on rack 20 minutes to allow coating to dry.
- Heat oil to 370°F in large skillet.
- Fry chicken skin side down in single layer.
- Turn occasionally, should take 10- 15 minutes.
- Roasted Garlic:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the outer layer of skin from a head of garlic.
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil and roast for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- To remove the garlic puree, make a small cut in the skin of each clove and squeese the garlic into a small bowl, mash with fork.