Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil (to taste)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 green onion tops
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Wash and pound to flatten each chicken breast.
- Lay the breasts on waxed paper and spread 1/4 of the cream cheese on each breast.
- Top the cream cheese with the feta divided equally.
- Combine the basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the spices/herbs on each breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast and wrap with a piece of bacon and one green onion top (secure with toothpicks if necessary).
- Place the breasts in a greased casserole dish and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Cover and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the cover and increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The ooze from the inside of this chicken recipe, coupled with the pan juices absolutely begs you to devour this upon removal from the oven. You just want to get a spoon, and start picking and slurping. This is a big "FAV" around here. Requested twice already~and served on the now famous "Saturday Lunch on The Farm". The only change I made was slight~I used bone in. skin on chicken breasts, but slit them down the middle and filled with this delicious filling. And once I forgot the bacon. Wonderful meal, Dreamgoddess. Good for the winter or summer. Made for our team Capitan, Dreamgoddess with deepest graditude *Naughty But Nice Gang* ZWT3 07*