Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe at Bahama Breeze's Restaurant site. Posting for the Caribbean region of ZWT.
- 1 lb Red Bliss potatoes, 1/2-inch diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced 1/4-inch 2 Tbsp
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, chopped 2 tsp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (add more as needed to get right consistency)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large pot half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 15 - 20 minutes or until tender. Drain off the potatoes and add the remaining ingredients. Mash the potatoes using a hand masher and serve hot. ENJOY!
Loved, loved, loved this! I did leave out the thyme at DS's request. Otherwise I made it exactly as posted. Such a quick and delicious side. Thanks for sharing!
These are some winner potatoes my friend. The dh has requested them three times already and I am happy to oblige. They are so good...amazing flavors and textures. The potatoes are incredible, filled with butter, cream, thyme and garlic, creamy and savory. Wonderful served with homemade creamed corn or on their own. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe, that makes us both happy. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game.
I made as 3 serves and there was just enough garlic and lemon thyme along with the spring onions to compliment the potatoes without overtaking, I used Carisma potatoes which are a low GI variety and we all thoroughly enjoyed, thank you diner524, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.