Breeze Wood Grilled Chicken - Bahama Breeze
photo by ForeverMama
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wood chips, soaked in water for 15 minutes
For Orange Glaze (use 1/2 cup for this recipe and save any leftovers)
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
For Citrus Butter (use 1/2 cup of this sauce for this recipe and save the rest for another dish)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, Fresh squeezed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, as I forgot it 1st time and I like it better without the sugar)
- white pepper
For the Chicken:
- Lightly coat the chicken breast with olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides. Grill over a medium heat, pre-heated char-grill with wood chips added just prior to adding the chicken or a charcoal grill with wood chips added. Grill for 6-7 minutes per side, while flipping it over twice during the grilling; the chicken is done when 165-170°F on a meat thermometer or the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. When the chicken is fully cooked baste generously with the orange glaze on both sides. Allow the chicken to cook for one additional minute to caramelize the glaze. Serve immediately with warm citrus butter sauce and your favorite sides. Enjoy!
For Orange Glaze:
- Place all the ingredients in a kitchen blender and pulse until smooth. Place in a clean container and refrigerate until needed for grilling.
For the Citrus Butter:
- Add the oil in a heated small sauce pan. Add the shallots and sauté for one minute. Add the Orange juice and white wine and reduce by ¾. Reduce the heat to low and add the butter cubes one at a time while whisking the sauce to evenly incorporate the butter; do not allow the sauce to boil as it will break. Add the sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then strain the sauce through fine mesh strainer. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, is this good! I waas not able to find any wood chips so made this recipe without them. I can only imagine that smokiness from the chips would add to the flavor of the chicken! As you know, DB is an incredibly picky eater. He asked me to make this dish again the very next week!!! Now that is saying something! Thanks for sharing sis!
Absolutely divine! This chicken is so fresh tasting with the citrus flavours blending in well with the rich, buttery wine sauce. Don't let the steps of this recipe put you off, it's really quite simple and fast to make. The butter sauce made a LOT. As the recipe states, save some for later if you want, or, like I will do next time, cut it in half. We saved some of the marmalade glaze and brushed it on while plated for even more cirtus flavour. Terrrific recipe, thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 5 :)