1/1 Photo of Fruit Compote Muffins
Slocan cook's Note:
A very chewy muffin with the combination of dried fruit and walnuts make this a healthy muffin for breakfast or a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- 2In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup of water to dried fruit and cook until nice and tender then set aside.
- 3In a blender or food processor pulse fruit mixture until nicely blended together to form a compote mixture.
- 4Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and put aside.
- 5In a large mixing bowl put milk, eggs and oil together and whisk until nice and smooth.
- 6Put the softened fruit in the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- 7Add the chopped walnuts and mix until they are well coated in batter.
- 8Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 9Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to serving plate.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fruit Compote Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g