Recipe by Slocan cook
A very chewy muffin with the combination of dried fruit and walnuts make this a healthy muffin for breakfast or a snack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup of water to dried fruit and cook until nice and tender then set aside.
- In a blender or food processor pulse fruit mixture until nicely blended together to form a compote mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and put aside.
- In a large mixing bowl put milk, eggs and oil together and whisk until nice and smooth.
- Put the softened fruit in the egg mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix until they are well coated in batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to serving plate.