My Private Note
(20 cm) ...
Units: US | Metric
- 110 g plain flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt (generous)
- 50 g butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 peaches, skinned
- 1Butter a 20 cm round sandwich tin, at least 2.5 cm deep, then place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 2Rub in the butter, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 3Break the egg into a separate basin and beat it together with the milk.
- 4Then pour this on to the rubbed in mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough.
- 5Next turn the mixture into the prepared tin and carefully level it off with the back of a spoon.
- 6Skin the peaches by placing them in a bowl and pouring over enough boiling water to just cover them. Leave the peaches for a minute or two, then drain and carefully peel off the skins.
- 7Slice each peach fairly thinly, discarding the stone and arrange the slices over the top of the cake mixture.
- 8In another bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and sprinkle this over the top of the peaches.
- 9Follow this with a sprinkling of melted butter, then bake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 or until the mixture is slightly risen and seems lightly browned and bubbly.
- 10This is nicest served warm with some very cold pouring cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (868 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1673.1
- Calories from Fat 650
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.1 g
- Cholesterol 385.8 mg
- Sodium 1063.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 237.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 125.5 g
- Protein 25.4 g