Fresh Peach Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- In a mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar; beat well to combine.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir to mix.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Fold in peaches and nuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and top with whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made a slightly modified version of this recipe. I tasted the batter and felt that it was missing something, so I added a half teaspoon of vanilla, which definitely upped the flavor level. In addition, rather than mashing the peaches, I chopped them so that there would still be whole chunks. I tasted the full batter before putting the cake in the oven (after the modifications), and the flavor was AMAZING!<br/><br/>The finished cake, however, was not as good as I expected from the batter. The inside was pretty good, but the top of the cake became overly crunchy, and the cake had a little bit of a bread taste to it. Nonetheless, some of that may have been due to my own mistakes. I believe I may have over-mixed the batter, and I also may have put the cake in the oven for a little too long. Because the batter was so good, I'm hoping to give this cake another try.