Recipe by Mamie37
Old Amish recipe that makes a nice coffee cake.
Top Review by annlouise
This should not be called a "cake"! More like peach-covered biscuit. I obviously wasn't thinking when I did this recipe--or I would have added much more sugar. Or looked for another recipe for my peaches. It's going to take a HUGE dollop of sweet whip cream on each piece to make this work for my friends tonight... This recipe needs to be overhauled with sweetener!
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the shortening.
- Mix egg and milk together, then stir into flour mixture.
- Mix well, and pour batter into a greased oblong pan.
- Cover with peach slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.