1/2 Photos of French Meat Pie
This is a traditional French-Canadian recipe. My mom makes this only for the holidays, but I've made it year round.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beef, pork, onion and water in a medium saucepan and mix well.
- 2Cook, covered, over low heat until the ground beef and pork are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- 3Boil the potatoesin water to cover in a small saucepan until tender; drain.
- 4Add to the meat mixture.
- 5Add the salt, allspice, cloves and pepper and mix well; remove from heat.
- 6Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
- 7Roll the pastry into two 11-inch circles on a lightly floured surface.
- 8Fit 1 pastry into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 9Fill with the meat mixture.
- 10Cover with the remaining pastry, fluting the edge and cutting several vents.
- 11Bake at 450' for 20 minutes or the crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.0
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 598.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g