Recipe by The Big Cheese
This is one of the best recipes I've come up with for beef roast. The cheapest cuts come out tasting like you slaved over a stove all day long. You can add potatoes and carrots to the recipe if you like, or shred it and serve it as a French Dip sandwich with the au jus juice from the crock pot on the side. If you are watching your sodium, use the lite soy sauce and it will taste just as delicious.
Top Review by Blessed*One
This is fantastic! I did use 1/2 tsp. oregano instead of the rosemary, and only 1/2 tsp. of thyme. Next time, I think I may use fresh garlic, just because I like to use it in my cooking. I sliced an onion and laid it in the pot before the meat, as suggested in other reviews - great idea! I served it with provolone cheese on toasted rolls. I'll be making this one again!
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 French rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Remove roast, reserving broth.
- You may shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.