Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
For Asian forum. Fresh curry leaves are available from greengrocers.
Make and share this Fragrant Egg Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 2 tablespoons good-quality curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- 425 g diced tomatoes
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄3 cup red lentil
- 1 cup peas (frozen are fine)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- cooked rice, to serve
- Place onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and process to form a paste.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the paste and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring to release the flavours. Add the tomatoes and 500ml (2 cups) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shell and halve the eggs and add to the pan with the lentils and peas - if mixture is too thick add an extra 125ml (1/2 cup water). Cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until lentils are soft. Stir in the coriander and serve with cooked rice.
Delicious, will definitely be making again and again
The recipe was reduced to 2 servings which were very generous. This was served with short grain brown rice for a deliciously different dinner. The directions were well written and easy to follow. Made for Aussie Swap.