Fragrant Chicken Curry
I found this while looking for an easy curry recipe. I am putting it here to consolidate my recipes: From allrecipes SUBMITTED BY: USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, skinned and boned, meat pulled into large chunks
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- cooked basmati rice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- mango chutney
- Mix spices in small bowl.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or small soup kettle over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spices; toast until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken; stir until completely coated with spices. Add coconut milk, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer; cook uncovered until flavors blend and stew is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
- Pass chutney separately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very quick and easy to put together and went down well especially with the DM who wouldn't believe it was a curry (I did use a mild one but otherwise would have used a hot madrass), I did cut the onions chuncky so that the family member sensitive them could pick them out. Served with steamed rice and recipe #140376 to mop up the sauce with the rice. Thank you Teddy's Mommy for a very nice recipe.Reply