Toby Jermain's Note:
I got this dish from a girlfriend about 20 years ago. Its also good drizzled over any steak or grilled chicken breasts or fish steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, lightly crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 flank steak, seasoned and broiled as desired
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Melt butter or margarine in a medium skillet or saucepan, add onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- 2Add flour, and continue cooking for 5-7 more minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, and stir in herbs.
- 4Stir in lemon juice, wine and water.
- 5Heat mixture until it boils, stirring regularly.
- 6Add sugar, reduce heat to low, and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside, keeping warm.
- 8Thinly slice flank steak on an angle across the grain, and serve topped with sauce.
- 9Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flank Steak with Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 86.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 1.1 g