I lost this recipe and I found it just this morning, while going through a bunch of old papers. I'm so HAPPY! I'm posting it immediately so it won't get lost again! I got this from a former co-worker, who had it at a potluck and liked it so much she got the recipe, and brought me a copy since she knew how much I loved to cook. I changed it up a bit, making big changes to the dressing and adding a bit to the actual salad components. This is a little on the sweet side, admittedly, but the sugar can be cut back to suit tastes. This is my favourite and I'm so glad I found it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can wax beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 red bell pepper (any colour can be used)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Drain a 19-oz tin of chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinse well, then drain again; place in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Drain a 14-oz tin of green beans and a 14-oz tin of wax beans well and then add to bowl.
- 3Drain a 19-oz tin of red kidney beans, rinse well then drain again; add to bowl.
- 4Dice up a coloured bell pepper (red, orange or yellow, I don't use green as I don't like them much) and add to beans.
- 5Peel a small red onion and slice into very thin strips and add to bowl.
- 6Lastly, add about 1/2 cup of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley.
- 7Now make dressing: in a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegars, oil, sugar (I use a scant 1/2 cup), minced fresh garlic, worcestershire, and salt and pepper.
- 8Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss.
- 9Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally (before serving, taste, as it may need more salt).
- 10When ready, spoon bean salad into a serving bowl using a slotted spoon, to drain off most of the dressing before serving.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finally Found Four Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 409.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g