Recipe by Iron Woman
I love Filipino BBQ. Let me know what you think! Serve this with rice.
Top Review by jwalenta
Made this for the first time a couple weeks ago. It is AMAZING !! Took a few pieces to work to share, and everyone wanted the recipe. It's addictive! Made another batch of marinade tonight and am going to try it on beef...... it's somewhat similar to a chuck roast marinade I've used for years.
As for cali-love review....... somewhere I read to cook these things on a VERY hot grill (600-700 ) for 3 minutes, flip, cook another 3 minutes. Guessing by the time I got them off the grill the total time was maybe 9 minutes.
Thanks so much for the recipe..... love it !!!!
- 2 -3 lbs pork (your choice of meat i.e. ribs, lean meat on skewers etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup kalamansi juice or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Sprite
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, calamansi or lemon juice, sprite, sugar, pepper and garlic and pour over pork stirring until all meat is coated and well marinated.
- Marinate overnight.
- When ready, grill on hot charcoal.
- Use marinating liquid to baste the meat while on the grill.