photo by mailbelle
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 (2 -3 lb) pork shoulder butt, boneless (2-3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet onion soup mix (1.5 ounce envelope)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 -6 hoagie rolls
- American cheese
- Place pork in crockpot. Combine the water, soup mix and garlic; pour over the meat. Cover and turn crockpot on low for 6-7 hours. The pork will be very tender.
- Remove the meat and shred with a fork. Place in a seperate bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix together 2 Tablespoons of soup liquid that was left in the crockpot, the barbecue sauce, ketchup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Spoon sauce over shredded meat and mix together.
- Serve on steak rolls, and top with slices of american cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just recently got married and me and my husband live in Lancaster. I work as a waitress and my husband works in construction. I love to relax with friends and family and of course my husband!! I am very much a people person! I enjoy music and reading, scrapbooking and cooking!