Zesty Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Pork Chop Barbecue
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 8 -10 pork chops (no less than 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a bowl mix BBQ sauce with Italian dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, black pepper and cayenne (if using) until well combined.
- Place the pork chops in the slow cooker then pour the sauce over the chops, mix slightly to make certain the chops are coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting for 3-4 hours or on LOW setting for about 6-7 hours (cooking times will vary).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this tonight with 1 inch boneless chops. While the sauce was tasty, no one took more than one bite of the chops. I did pay attention to the cook time being an estimate. After checking the internal temp after 1.5 hours I found that the chops were already done and tough. This is no fault of the recipe. In order to save all of the sauce I will try this again with chicken. Thank you for posting a very easy to prepare recipe.
Made this tonight. Very good when you do not want to use the grill outside. I did omit the brown sugar because I used Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce and I used a Gourmet Italian Dressing not just a generic like Kraft. The higher quality BBQ Sauce and Italian Dressing the better the flavor. It turned out excellent and the meat was so tender.
While these were good, they weren't amazing. The flavor was there, but it was more of a usual, expected flavor as opposed to something that makes you drool. In fact, I thought we'd finish off the 9 we made for 5 of us (including 3 growing boys and a very hungry hubby) but I've still got HALF of them left. Like I said good, and easy to make, I love using the crockpot, but not fab. I made these ahead and froze them btw, and they did terrific.
see 4 more reviews