Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty Lumpia with mixed vegetables, and sweet and sour sauce recipe included. A recipe that everybody will love!
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups green beans, shredded
- 1 cup bamboo shoot, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- egg roll wrap (Lumpia wrappers)
- egg wash (mixture of water and egg)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, brown pork meat, remove juices. Leave enough pork oil/juices for the vegetables.
- Sauté onion and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir. (may add more to taste).
- Add soy sauce and vinegar. Let it boil. Don't stir.
- Add carrots, green beans, bamboo shoots, and bean sprouts. Stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 tbsp of mixture into one corner of wrapper, fold over bringing in the two sides. Roll up halfway, tightly, and fold ends inward. Brush top corner with egg wash and fold over.
- Deep fry 'till brown. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
These were really good. I didn't have a crepe maker so it was hard making the skins but when I fried them (filled with tofu, spinach and carrots) they turned out great and better than the store bought. Also the sauce was really good.